We've just about had enough of this discussion about whether global warming is real or not!
Seriously, it doesn't matter to us if you believe the polar bears are just sissies for whining about their melting ice caps or you believe those guys that are yelling that the earth is naturally heating up because God wants us all to wear Bermuda shorts in winter- we don't care! Bottom line; you want a job or NOT? Okay then, let's move forward and keep an open mind!
As we wrote in our book (Thank You for Firing Me!) Green Jobs are not imaginary or impossible to find. There’s a great website with a directory of more than 3,000 green companies and hundreds of case studies on emerging green technology products and solutions: So step one: turn off the teevee and start reading about this stuff and stop listening to the mean people! http://www.greencollareconomy.com/
One of our personal Green Heroes is Van Jones- yeah, yeah, one of the ex- czars- get over it. Jones recently said to the Washington Post that it isn't easy to convince an "unemployed construction worker that it's time to start thinking about installing solar panels instead of aluminum siding"
Maybe if you offer the construction worker a six-pack of beer to go green he might have more of an incentive?
So here's the deal. The Feds have put in place a number of provisions and laws to create opportunity but people need to be educated about the fact that there are jobs out there. That won’t happen overnight, but we're doing our part.
This green movement only makes sense if the talent to fill the jobs is right here in this country, and there’s a real need for skilled craftsmen and workers in the green collar arena.So get over your aversion to the color of green because hello! It's also the color of money!!!Just because we love you we thought we would get you going with a couple of green jobs and websites to help you get back to work and make your Fox News- watching- friends green with envy!
Solar Sales Specialist
San Diego, CA
Sales & Marketing
Skill Level: Entry level
Position Type: Full Time
We, SouthCoast Energy, offer an opportunity of more than just a job and very high pay potential, do something positive for your community and planet. Begin a career in the nation's fastest growing Solar Power company.
We are a full service, licensed C-10 contracting company that specializes in photovoltaic (PV) solar panel systems and Electical bidding for homes, businesses, agriculture, farm winery and commercial customers. Our company is committed to providing the highest quality products, services, and installations for our customers at a competitive price through a total commitment to the highest standards of quality, reliability and dependability.
- Responsible to generate sales of PV Systems to residential and commercial customers (Training Provided)
- Site analysis (Training Provided)
- Analysis of client's electrical usage (Training Provided)
- Presentation of proposal (Training Provided)
- Scheduling of job (Training Provided)
Solar experience a must.
Compensation: commission only for probation period. Benefit + commission when qualified.
We are looking forward to a long-term relationship together in this exciting growing industry. Join Us.
Please forward your resume and salary history.
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Zero Waste Projects Manager
San Francisco Conservation Corps (San Francisco, California)
GREAT OPPORTUNITY for a MOTIVATED Event Recycling and Waste Reduction Visionary
The San Francisco Conservation Corps is looking for a dedicated recycler to lead our special event recycling projects in the role of Zero Waste Projects Manager. This is a unique opportunity to not only focus on event greening and Zero Waste goals, but to also inspire young adults ages 18-26 as they increase their environmental knowledge and waste reduction skills. This is your chance to be an active part of the Corpsmember experience as they participate in the SFCC's job training and education program.
As a member or the SFCC you will earn great pay, work in a challenging environment and know that your efforts are truly making a difference in the lives of young adults. The salary range is $45,615 to $48,407 per year DOE with excellent benefits including medical and dental.
Please refer to the SFCC’s Web site for a detailed job description and information on how to apply (http://www.sfcc.org/staff_zero_waste_projects_manager.html).
| ||Posted Dec 08|
Distant Village Packaging is an exciting and rapidly growing international company specializing in the custom hand-made packaging for specialty businesses. Distant Village Packaging focuses on eco-friendly and sustainable development and is a passionate contributor toward the betterment of the local communities and people we work with.
We are actively seeking the right candidate to join our team as a full-time Sales Associate at our office and showroom in Chicago. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment in which you will be challenged, valued, and encouraged to grow with our company.
To the qualified applicant we offer:
• Flexible work schedule
• Opportunity to gain valuable experience, including on-the-job training
• Fun work environment!
• Follow up with prospects by email and phone in order to increase sales
• Generate new leads
• Maintain all client and prospect information in CRM database
• Sales Associate’s performance will be measured by leads generated, prospect inquiries for product information, and sales revenue contribution
• Sales experience
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to attend trade shows 4-8 times per year
• Positive, energetic phone presence
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
• Ability to self-manage is a must!
• Articulate and capable of communicating with business owners and executives
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Customer Relationship Management Software experience, Familiarity with Zoho (desired)
• Customer focused service attitude
• Fun personality and desire to grow with our business!!!
For immediate consideration please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with subject Sales Associate.
Outdoor Education Instructor
Montana Yellowstone Expeditions
Skill Level: Entry level
Position Type: Full Time
Montana Yellowstone Expeditions (MYE) creates summer youth programs in Southern Montana that provide programming and full scholarships for underserved youth ages 15-18 from California, Montana, New York and elsewhere. Each program is a multi-element experience that combines wilderness backpacking, a river trip, service learning and projects, equestrian training, leadership, and personal and group development into an effective 25-day experiential learning experience.
Upon completion of the MYE summer program, alumni are engaged in our Life Skills follow-up program that builds on new skills, and provides connections and resources for becoming who they want to be and taking their initial steps in the adult world.
MYE operates from a basecamp in the Tom Miner basin area of Montana's Paradise Valley, 30 minutes south of Livingston, MT, and 20 minutes north of Yellowstone National Park. MYE programs take place in and around YNP, on the Yellowstone River, and in the communities of southern Montana.
MYE is a challenging and rewarding place to work. We offer the opportunity to help craft and deliver programs that make a true and lasting impact on participants and staff alike. Each member of the staff plays an integral role in MYE's daily operations. We are all in it together and support each other to provide exceptional quality programming.
Working at MYE requires flexibility, ingenuity, commitment, and a desire to make a difference. Our staff members are encouraged to accept new challenges, step outside their comfort zone, and take advantage of all that MYE has to offer. Our goal is to create an environment of professional growth and learning for all staff. We will give you our very best and require the same in return.
The summer season consists of six 25-day multi-element wilderness programs, and three alumni programs - two 25-day Leadership Labs and a summer Intern Program. Staff to participant ratio is 5:1.
Montana Yellowstone Expeditions has the following opening for the 2010 summer season:
The Instructing Staff at MYE are our best asset. You are where the experience, impact and success of our programs are crafted and delivered. MYE expects a tremendous level of commitment, professionalism, creativity and judgment from our Instructors, and we support you with resources, training, materials, and an unfailingly positive environment in which to do your best.
Working in pairs, Instructors are responsible for a group of 10 students in all aspects of their summer program.
Start Date: June 5th, 2010 (to be confirmed)
End Date: August 17th, 2010 (to be confirmed)
Timing reflects working two 25-day programs, approx 60 days of total work, including 9 days of paid staff training at the beginning of the season. There is a 4-7 day mid-season break, depending on scheduling. We are looking for full season commitments and positions are open until filled.
Reports to: MYE Program Director (PD)
Instructors are primarily responsible for all aspects of the daily experience, well-being and management of students. Including, but not limited to:
- Working closely with co-instructor to produce a safe, high quality ‘MYE' experience for students under their care
- Curriculum development and teaching
- Expedition planning, management and leadership
- Safety and risk management oversight and responsibility
- Logistical management of a group, including food and equipment preparation
- Coordination with MYE staff and other groups
- Evening and night supervision of students on expeditions and in basecamp
- To safely transport students in the field, this will, at times, involve towing a trailer
- To operate within MYE policies and be mindful of MYE guidelines and operating procedures
- To ensure MYE equipment is used appropriately and returned in good condition at the end of each field component
- Administrative tasks associated with program, reporting, evaluations and photo library
In addition to the above, Instructors may be responsible for:
- Intern supervision and training
- Supporting other MYE programs
- Serving as support staff as coordinated by MYE
- Assisting with the general operation of MYE
- Contributing to the ongoing development and evolution of the MYE program
- To actively seek opportunities for professional development during MYE season
- To assist in Search and Rescue/Emergency operations as required by PD or Executive Director
- Must be 21 years or older (insurance requirement) with a clear driving record (experience driving large vehicles and towing trailers would be an advantage)
- 3+ years relevant work experience, including guiding novices in extended wilderness settings
- Experience instructing/guiding white water sports (canoeing preferred but all white water experience considered), rock climbing instruction (minimum experience - student belay supervision) and leading multi-day hiking trips (off trail experience and/or snow travel/camping an advantage)
- Experience supervising service learning, low ropes course / ABL elements would be an advantage
- High energy, positive attitude, ability and willingness to work long hours and multiple days in succession
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing demands of conducting wilderness-based programming
- Current WEMT or WFR and CPR certifications, or international equivalent.
Compensation: Per diem, DOE; Meals and lodging at MYE facilities for the entire season;
Please email your resume/CV (including a summary of your professional and personal outdoor experience) to MYE Program Director, Ellen Sagmyr. She will respond within 3 days to arrange an initial conversation and/or forward an employment application.
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!Some great green jobs sites: (You're welcome!)